Wednesday, April 16, 2008

i was looking at random files in my com and i came across this, a testimony i wrote last june:

Before I became a Christian, I led a normal life. I have a wonderful family and have many friends around me. However, I did not have any purpose in life and often look at the past wonderful memories.

When Valerie started inviting me to church on October 2006, I did not immediately agree to it. I had gone to my friend’s church before and found it boring. This leaves me a bad impression of church. At last, my mother asked me to go out as I was idling at home. And I agreed to go at the last minute reluctantly. I thought there was a special party in the church and even asked Valerie if there were food.

As I stepped into Heart of God church, I was truly amazed by the loud music and colorful lights. It’s so different from what I thought. I thought that there would be many old people and the church will have a big cross in front. The people there were so friendly! During praise and worship, everyone was jumping crazily that the floor was shaking. Many thoughts flooded my mind. I did not know why this people were so crazy. But at least I knew that God was real that many people are willing to sacrifice their weekends to come for church services. My opinion of church also changed.

Just like many people, I did not immediately accept Jesus into my life although I was interested in coming back to church. As I come from a non Christian background, I knew that my parents would definitely not allow me to go to church. I did not want to cause many troubles in my family as I love my parents a lot. Therefore, I will always put plans on Saturdays so that I will have excuses for not going to church. But God never gives up on me. I had signed up for SOW guitar on my first visit and I was to go back to church for lessons!

Soon, there was the Vacation Bible School which I have signed up for. On the first day of VBS was the first time I truly felt God’s presence. I started crying and hunger more for God. I accepted Jesus into my life that day. It was no easy being a believer especially when I come from a non Christian family, my parents were unhappy at first. But going to church has changed me to a better person and my parents have seen my change. I started spending times with my family and started to obey them more. Often, I would share with them the gospels and planted seeds in their heart. I have also learnt a lot from Pastors and I knew that it is important to spent time with my family. Now, my family is even interested in the reason why I am attending church! I knew that God was at work.

Furthermore, I have ever since stepped out of my comfort zone. I used to be a girl with low self esteem but now I have became a more confident girl because I know that God will always be there to guide me. Even during the darkest days, I smile. I also know that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. There’s always peace and joy in my heart now.

I thank God for noticing me and giving me a purpose in life. I also thank him for letting me have this relationship with Him. I believed that God will begin to touch my family just like how He has touched me.


- 18june2007

WHAO. hahaha. this was the testimony i wrote and sent to jieru LAST JUNE. that time, vivien was still here and i remembered us sharing with each other): i was so happy after reading it! it's a little different from the VBS testimony i shared in church last dec. i have seen God working in every area of my life all these times. He has definitely changed me to be a better person and i have seen myself growing so much in Him. He has given me His best, and i ll give Him my best too(:

You never fail to amaze me with Your love(:

Building dreams

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com