Wednesday, September 24, 2008

contented but never satisfied. this is something i've learnt from dom during discipleship class. contented is to be pleased with your situation, your position. To content is to give enough to keep one from being disposed to find fault or complain. However, satisfaction is different. satisfaction puts us at a risk of not moving forward because it puts an end to a desire, want or need because of sufficient provision. im contented with my position in Christ, being a child of God but im not satisfied and i know i want more of Him, more of His presence in my life. im contented with my life, having many things that not others can have but im not satisfied and i want to keep working hard for my future. im contented with my family and with my friends but i not satisfied. i know i can be a better daughter/sister/friend and build better characters. im contented with my maths results but im not satisfied because i know there's still rooms for improvement. but. im really not contented with my gp results. yes. the whole world knows i failed my gp. i got 13.5 marks for my paper 2. my first four short ans get 0 0 0 and 0. its horrible. yes, i was not feeling good that day, i was tired, i dozed off halfway through the paper, i thought the paper was 1hr 45mins. all these are just excuses that i can use to console myself. but i know that i have not put in my best. im soooo disappointed and just cant get over it! its really lousy! really. haii..

today was a very unfruitful day. i didnt learn much during tutorials and lectures. i kept thinking of my results and was really afraid of my econs. i know i wont do well. tmr is gonna be a bad bad day:( well.. at least huishi and me had some talk during the long break. talk about many many stuffs and many thoughts have been running through my mind. haha. school has been rather boring now because we have nothing to do during break unlike in the past when we would rush our works. i totally wasted the 2 hrs of pw in com room. thank God for jingfen and nicholas who accompanied me till 230 online. haha. so nice of them. but i had no privacy at all lah!D:

i hope tmr never comes because i really donwan to know my results. many people keep telling me i wont retain but thats what makes it even more scary. the thought of wasting another year in jc is terrible. i can just pray and surrender all to God because i am in no control of my results anymore. He is in control.

Philippians 4:11
Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content

1 Timothy 6:6
Now godliness with contentment is great gain.

Be contented with what you have and who you are:D







after promos:D

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com